In Hyderabad, Eat here!

From roadside eateries to star hotels; from breakfast to midnight biryanis; and from mexican cuisine to hyderabadi; this blog attempts to provide you short write-ups for all the places I have eaten so far in Hyderabad!

Without much further ado, if you are looking for reviews of restaurants in Hyderabad by Alphabetic order (I have 403 so far!), click here. The labels to your right also show options for location and cuisine.

Needless to say, there will be continuous updates, and the list is never final! Happy eating!

______________________________________________________

My Boli

These days the concept of “Welcome Drink” is to mix soda with sugar and add some flavoured syrup to it. It’s almost like as if they want you to feel full before starting the main meal! And that’s why the Kokam Sharbat that was served as welcome drink in My Boli was doubly refreshing! This is a Maharashtrian cuisine based restaurant and I learnt that Kokam Sharbat and Kokam Soda are quite popular drinks in that state. If they taste like this, it is no wonder that they are so popular! Before talking about the starters, I need to first talk about their Chicken and Mutton Thali. Both from a quality and quantity perspective, these two thalis score very high marks. When they wrote “soup” as part of the Thali, I really expected some Dal soup or something like that! What we got was an actual mutton soup and it’s real been years since I’ve had soup like that! The chicken and mutton curries are also quite tasty and go very well with the rice and chapatis. I would simply go back just for these items, I want to say, but I also had another revelation in life there – that you can have poori with aamras and experience heaven! Oops, I forgot about the starters – we had a veg platter (the kothimbir wadi was the best!) and a full pompret fry. Zero complaints on these items too. I would keep going back to this place for trying out more of these dishes! Welcome to Hyderabad, My Boli!

No comments: