In Hyderabad, Eat here!

From roadside eateries to star hotels; from breakfast to midnight biryanis; and from mexican cuisine to hyderabadi; this blog attempts to provide you short write-ups for all the places I have eaten so far in Hyderabad!

Without much further ado, if you are looking for reviews of restaurants in Hyderabad by Alphabetic order (I have 403 so far!), click here. The labels to your right also show options for location and cuisine.

Needless to say, there will be continuous updates, and the list is never final! Happy eating!

______________________________________________________

Chillies


I guess one of the very few Mexican food joints in the city is Chillies. This restaurant is in the Inorbit mall, and most probably I will not be going back to this place again. No no, it's not the food, it's the bill! Recently, 4 of us went there (this was my 4th visit overall, and the first time I looked at the bill). The items we ordered costed us Rs. 1800 but the total bill came up to Rs. 2400 !!! A service charge of 11% (or maybe it was 12%), VAT and service tax - all added up to us paying about 1/3rd of our bill just as additional stuff ! And frankly, I think the service charge is over-priced. We should get to decide how much we wish to pay - not the hotel, especially when the "service" involved is very less! 

Anyways, if you don't care about the above arguments, this place is a very good one for nice food! Any sizzler is good - we tried almost all of them and were not disappointed. There is this cheese pasta thing that is very good for starters. We tried the tacos, and also the grilled fish (with pepper) - and they tested nice too! Like I said, food is good, billing is baad! 

1 comment:

Preethe said...

Hey!! I had your blog on my reader list (imported from a friend) for quite sometime. wow.. a real foodie blog. and thanks for those useful reviews.

well I had exactly the same exp at Chillies. endedup paying 3.5k for lunch for 2.. food was good.. but 3.5k is bit too high for their service.

And thanks again for the reviews.